The resources below provide advice and guidance on choosing and / or reviewing your governance structure. For further on this topic please see the Governance section of the Sporting Heritage toolkit.
If you are setting up a new SSN then this ‘Start up’ document brings together the key points you will need to cover.
- ‘At a glance’ summary of governance structures
- Kingston Smith Moore – Charities governance toolkit
- Code of Good Governance principles
- A guide to vision, mission and values
- Charity Commission – Association model constitution
- Charity Commission – Foundation model constitution
- Model constitution for a small charity
Boards and Trustees
- Top tips for effective board meetings
- Charity Commission – Essential trustee infographic
- Skills audit (part 1 of 2)
- Skills audit (part 2 of 2)
- Trustees and Fundraising – A practical guide