British Art Network
The British Art Network is a Subject Specialist Network bringing together professionals working on British art including curators, researchers and academics, reflecting the combined strength of the UK’s public collections and curatorial expertise in this field.
The aim of the British Art Network is to contribute to the sharing of expertise, research and ideas across visual arts organisations in the UK. Membership to the network is always open and free, and it includes the following activity:
- An online register of expertise in British art
- An electronic newsletter circulated to members three times a year
- A number of thematic and topical research events each year hosted by Tate or partner organisations
- A dedicated network group for Early Career Curators specialising in British art
- Network sub groups that explore specific areas of British art and are led by regional network members across the UK